Mental Health issues within the transport industry have a direct impact on performance within the work-force.
The course raises awareness about Mental Health disorders and related issues, explores the reasons, signs, symptoms and risks associated with these and finds ways to identify positive measures to help prevent and improve health and wellbeing.
- What is Mental Health and what does it mean to you and your organisation.
- The common Mental Health disorders and associated signs and symptoms.
- How does unhealthy coping mechanisms such as alcohol and drug misuse affect safety and increase accident rates
- Are Mental Health related issues affecting your workplace
- Identify preventative measures and ways of improving employee well-being
- How a positive Mental Health culture can increase health, safety, morale, staff retention and productivity
To highlight Mental Health related disorders and associated issues that could impact on the health and wellbeing of the workforce within the transport industry. Through better understanding and a proactive approach learners can help have a positive impact on their organisation’s worker force thus increasing moral, productivity and improved staff retention, whilst reducing sick days and accidents.
We have made available for download information about the course. You can download our information sheet about this course here.