The following subjects were covered:
Learning Outcome. The learner will be able to:
· Explain and identify how to check that delivery vehicle has sufficient fuel, additives and water
· Explain and identify the checks required to ensure the operation of the delivery vehicle instruments and controls are serviceable.
· Checks to include:
o All vehicle systems
o All vehicle instruments, controls, gauges and vehicle systems
o Indications of any electrical or mechanical problems
o The air tanks are sufficiently charged (If applicable)
· Explain and identify the organisational procedures for reporting defects including information on previously reported problems with the vehicle
· Explain and identify how to obtain information on previously reported faults and whom is responsible for releasing the vehicle.
· Explain and identify the appropriate action to take, in order to deal with previously reported faults.
· Recall the responsibilities of the Banksman and any working at height regulations
· Evaluate and demonstrate the importance of Brand Awareness
· Explain and identify the requirement for Safe Systems of Work to be adhered to and all relevant H&S information
· Explain and identify the responsibilities of the driver for the vehicle and the load
· Recall the legal responsibilities of the driver to ensure the safe loading and unloading of the vehicle
· Evaluate the principles of safe loading and understanding GVW
· Analyse the effects of overloading and the security of loads
· Explain the principles of safe unloading
Benefits of attending an IMI Accredited Course
There are six key benefits to attending an IMI course and obtaining full membership.
· Firstly you get access to the PATAM Identity Card.
Check out the range of PATAM benefits here.
Other benefits include:
· Access the IMI magazine where you will find advice, guidance and analysis.
· Network with colleagues and increase your learning and knowledge.
· Gain professional recognition, by using post-nominals after your name to credit your skills.
· Accelerate your career development gaining knowledge of latest industry news, developments, practices and technology
· Gain acess to your My IMI online portal, accessing beneﬁts and keeping abreast with the training you have undertaken through IMI.